Are you an etrepreneur or thinking of becoming one? Are you thinking of importing goods from China? We have summed up some do’s and don’ts for you to keep in mind.
Do’s when importing goods:
- Anticipate clearance charges, VAT and customs charges.
- Always make sure to check the safety of the products that you would like to import from China. China doesn’t always follow the product safety precautions which are required by European law. With a little bit of investigation you can avoid some risks.
- In the beginning always make use of a freight forwarder to clear the goods.
Don’ts when importing:
- Don’t start without market research.
- Don’t place an order without requesting a sample of the product first. Make sure that the sample is from the same batch of the productline that you are interested in.
- Don’t think that your business partner is out to scam you. With some research, a skype call and common sense you can minimize a lot of risks.